“Attracting bright young people to study for poultry careers is vital for the future of the poultry and egg industry. The Ford Foundation provides financial support to enhance recruiting and retention efforts at colleges and universities with poultry science programs.”

John Starkey
President
U.S. Poultry & Egg Association




How the Process Works


Each year, the foundation's board of directors determines the amount to be allocated to schools with poultry science departments. After the amount has been determined, 60 percent of the total is divided equally among the schools. The remaining 40 percent is probated per student graduating that year.

The number of proposals accepted each year for the grant program varies based on need and intended use. Funding recommendations are submitted through an established committee to the Foundation board for approval.



Cumulative Total Contribution Per University (1994 - To Date)